Sunday 1 August 2010

To Sri Lanka!

31st July

Very early flight to Chennai and then on to Sri Lanka – severly hung over and sleep deprived, slept most of the way and got to Colombo airport (lovely) at about 1.30pm. By the time I got to the flat and had signed off the inventory (there is a piano) it was about 4pm. The flat is amazing, there are two huge bedrooms, 2 living rooms, a kitchen, 2 bathrooms and porches on both sides. The floors are tiled so it is lovely and cool to walk on and there is AC if we get desperate (we have to pay for power which is apparently very expensive.)

After getting some basic groceries, I was feeling kind of like a zombie, so I fell asleep on the couch and didn’t wake up until it was dark. I decided to get up and had no idea what time it was because my phone battery had died. So I read my book until the girls arrived at about 3am.

The girls are; Beth from Anglesea, Saida from Glastonbury and Zoe from Bolton. We are all here in Sri Lanka for a British Council funded cultural sharing trip called Connect. We will be working with the University of Morotuwa (just south of Colombo) and visiting garment factories. We will also be doing some work placements at factories and possibly with a buyer in the Odelle department store.

No comments:

Post a Comment